Friday, February 3, 2012

IPM Essen

Dear readers,

Last week I went to a plant fair in Essen, Germany. As many of you know, I work in the tropical plant business and visiting fairs is part of my job. I had never been to the fair in Essen, called IPM, but it is the largest one in Europe for plants and flowers and boy, was it large! There were 12 halls and my feet were SORE at the end of the day, but it was totally worth it, because I saw the most creative inputs with plants and flowers. I thought about you guys and felt like wanting to write a post about this fair including some pictures, so you have an idea about what the fair is all about. Also, because this fair is not only great for people like me who work in this field, but also for individuals who have a passion for plants and flowers. I saw so many people there whom were not linked to some company who just wanted to experience this fair and buy themselves some beautiful plants and flowers. Seriously, at the end of the day, which was also the last day of the fair, you saw all kinds of people with as much as 10 plants and flowers, dragging them through the halls to the parking garage haha!

Look at these incredible pictures!
















Don't you just love all these amazing colours? Nature is the BEST!!! Sometimes I feel as though we human beings do not appreciate it as much as we need to! When you're visiting a fair like this, you build such respect for these oxygen-delivering beauties :)

And what about the skirt made of handpainted roses? Fab isn't it?

Love, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment