Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Istanbul!

Dear readers,

As said in my previous post, for me, Istanbul was MAGICAL!!! I loved the diversity you see in the streets...it's a combination of modern and traditional. You see these amazing mosques and quite close to it these amazing architectural modern buildings. And of course, the Bosphorus which divides the Asian part of Istanbul from the European part, CRAZY...where else in the world can you find that?! EXACTLY...NOWHERE :P At night, Istanbul is simply a portrait of the image I have when thinking of 1001 night...the shadows of the mosques, the Bosphorus, the twinkling of lights and a serenity which you can only feel and which is really difficult for me to describe here. I think it's better for you to feel it yourself :) I can highly recommend a city trip to Istanbul! Istanbul offers you everything you need, from shopping in Europe's 2nd largest shopping mall, having a culinary experience at one of Istanbul's finest restaurants, exploring the culture of Turkey and Istanbul in particular, being amazed by the kindness and hospitality of the Turkish people to getting pampered in a traditional hamam...Istanbul has it all!

Here are some pictures of my 5 day citytrip to Istanbul. I hope you like it!


Blue Mosque
 
Me in front of the Blue Mosque

Inside the Blue Mosque with my friend

Inside the Blue Mosque

Me posing with a palm tree :)

The Aya Sofya mosque

Sushi at Sunset Grill & Bar Restaurant

The amazing view of Istanbul by night from the Sunset Grill & Bar restaurant

YEAH...we bought the same shoes! Aren't they fab?

Uh oh...I did it again! ;)

Ok, this is HEAVEN @ Cevahir Shopping Mall

Haha, look at the enormous bread they gave us...YUMMY!

Just before going to bed @ White House Hotel Istanbul

View of Istanbul by day from the cab

I tried to show you the diversity of Istanbul with these shots...I hope it worked! :)

Has any of you ever been to Istanbul? Did you like it?

Love, Melissa

1 comment:

  1. what a nice experience!!!!

    Dionysia - I am a fashionista
    http://i-am-a-fashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete