Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Don't be stubborn...

Dear readers,

When I read the quote hereunder in a newsletter send by TheDailyLove, I knew Anon was talking to me. I know giving up something is sometimes for the better in the long run, even though the people around me AND society contradict it. They are fast in calling me a quitter, but I know myself and I know that following my heart is the most important thing in life. But knowing it and acting upon it, are two different things. I just want the people around me to be proud; I don't want to be known as a quitter! But some months ago, after deciding to quit my master program of International Public Law, I stopped the feeling of wanting to please everybody and said to myself: "CHOOSE YOU! PLEASE YOURSELF! If you're having so much stress and negative energy because of this study, then stop!" And so I did! At first, I was scared, because I had been studying for so many years already and did not know any other life. Also, even though I already had my bachelor degree in Law, it felt like I didn't complete my study. Fortunately, that feeling didn't last very long and the joy of choosing my own path soon became so much stronger. It was then that I knew I had made the right decision for me! I'm now 3 months further and I can tell you that it was the best decision I could ever make. I know I don't need a master degree to make it in life, I know I have enough capacities to do good in life without that piece of paper.

So for all of you who are enduring a somewhat alike conflicting mind battle, read the following quote carefully and choose your own path, whether that is continuing the path you're already on or to stop and make a left or right turn!

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

 - Anon

Love, Melissa

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment