Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A culinary day out!

Dear readers,

A few Saturday's back my boyfriend and I went to a city about a one hour drive from where we live to indulge in this city that both of us didn't really know. I am sure you can relate to this. We all travel around the world, but don't even know all the sweet spots of the country we live in. Pretty strange actually, so that's why we decided to change this. This past year we have gotten to know so many places here in Holland and I got to see first hand what a beautiful country we live in. So this weekend we decided to explore the ancient city called '"s-Hertogenbosch" or easier said "Den Bosch". It's such a beautiful city and we had so much luck with the weather, because even though we were there at the end of September already, we could still enjoye a warm day.
To sum up what we did: we ate a "Bossche Bol" which is like a giant pastry filled with whipped cream and covered with dark chocolate and let me tell you...IT IS SO GOOD! Of course, I have eaten these before, but I never had the original one which you can ONLY get in Den Bosch itself. We strolled around the market place, did some window shopping, enjoyed some beers in the sun, went to an event called "Bourgondisch Den Bosch" which I can definitely recommend, since this is a way to get to know some of the restaurants Den Bosch has to offer in a fun way. Furthermore, we had a lovely dinner at this restaurant called "Tonia van Langen", which was pretty good, but not the standard we expected.
As you can tell, we had a lovely day and I can highly recommend you to visit a place near your hometown where you've never been before and to see what that place has to offer! I guarantee you will take some great memories back home!
And now, some pics of our day out! :) Hope you enjoy them!

Love, Melissa

The original "Bossche Bol"

My boyfriend anticipating his first bite :)

Sorry, I couldn't wait any longer :P

Sitting on one of the many terraces of Den Bosch

Cheers!

At the yearly event "Bourgondisch Den Bosch"

Cute couple ;)

Enjoying a little dish and prosecco at the event "Bourgondisch Den Bosch"




@ Restaurant Tonia van Langen

Capturing a beautiful sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment