Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Berlin, here I come!

Dear readers,

Sorry for not writing as often as I would like to, but I have just been so damn busy! Tomorrow I will leave to Berlin for a short city break. I'll be back on Monday, but keep in mind that I will not be posting these coming days. Sorry for that!

Anyway, speaking about Berlin...has anyone of you been there? I've been there once, some 2 or 3 years ago, and I fell instantly in love with the city! I think it has so much history which you can really feel and experience when wandering through the different areas in Berlin, I describe it as Berlin being "raw". Aside from that, you have a mixture of cultures in Berlin, not just as in nationalities, but also in values and beliefs. I love that you can see a gothic and an almost nazi-like group sitting next to eachother on a terrace, while in the background hearing Turkish people talking. Oh...and of course, there is the underground scene of Berlin, which is incomparable to everything you have experienced. Great thing about Berlin is that it is really cheap in comparison with Holland. Where you pay 8 to 12 euros for a cocktail here, you pay half the price there. That is just fabulous! :)

For those of you who have never been in Berlin but want to have an impression of what the city looks like, I have selected some photos hereunder. These are by the way also must-sees for when you are in Berlin!

Love, Melissa


"Brandenburger Tor" by night


"Checkpoint Charlie"


Berliner Dom


Tiergarten Park


Take a boat tour on the river Spree


Friedrichsstrasse


Unter den Linden (shopping street) by night


Gendarmenmarkt

No comments:

Post a Comment