Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Skincare



Dear readers,

I am one of those people whose skin is oversensitive. I have been struggling with my skin for as long as I can remember. Until recently I have discovered what works for me and I wanted to share that with you. Maybe it will help some of you as well.

First of all, let me start by saying that I ONLY use 100% natural products. I cannot tell you enough how important it is to use skincare which is completely free of chemicals. It is amazing how much a skin can bare, but there comes a moment where your skin tells you that enough is enough. It will express itself through pimples, blisters, red stains, dermatitis etc. If you're now using skincare which contains chemicals, maybe this is the time to change to 100% natural products. You will treat your skin the way it deserves to be treated and you will definitely feel better by doing so. Aside from that, the market offers you many different lines from different brands which are all 100% natural, so there is something for every skin type. I myself have tried different brands, but the skincare line by Annemarie Borlind is THE ONE for me! Since I started using this line, my skin is really calm and has no major outbreaks. I mix the Purifying Care line with the Rose Dew Care line. I also use an eye wrinke cream and from time to time a mask (stress mask, vital cream mask or a purifying mask). To give my skin a boost, I sometimes use Orange Blossom energizer under my daycream. It instantly gives my skin a glow. For more information visit: www.borlind.com

I unfortunately also suffer from eczema since I was 7. A year ago, it was at its worse and I couldn't take the itch anymore. My daily life became influenced by it and so did my sleep. I needed to find something that would help me. I went to different dermatologists and alternative doctors, but nobody could help me in the long term. I didn't want to use the creams that the dermatologists prescribed, because of its side effects, so I started to search for a different solution myself. I began with the basis, which are nutritients. I began reading about the food we eat and the chemicals that are in it. I decided to start eating organic food and after 3 weeks I began to see some serious changes. The itch began to fade away, the scratch marks began to heal and my skin began to glow. After 2 months, my eczema was for 90% under control. Now, I am 6 months further and it is still for 90% under control! I cannot tell you how happy I am! Of course, 100% under control would be a dream come true, but I am a realist and I know I will probably have eczema for the rest of my life, but I can now live with it, which is something I could only dream about some 6 months ago. Aside from that, my intolerance for lactose is also gone and my colon is finally at ease! How amazing is that? I couldn't believe the outcome and am still amazed by the effects it has had on my life. I now have a totally different look on the food that is sold by our supermarkets and advise everybody to eat organic food or at least try to make some changes in their eating habits when it is financially somewhat of a struggle to eat organic. I know organic meat and poultry is so much more expensive, but maybe you can find a local organic farmer who sells meat at his or her farm. I do that myself. It's cheaper (sometimes even cheaper than the prices for non-organic meat and poultry in the supermarkets) and I think it's fun to have such direct contact with the farmers and see for yourself how the animals are treated. Furthermore, when taking a shower I only use shampoo which is 100% natural (also by Annemarie Borlind) and soap by Gamila Secrets. This soap is all natural and is made from extra virgin olive oil and herbs.

I would love to hear your perspectives on things or your experiences with 100% natural skincare and organic food!

Love, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment